The hardest thing about holidays is getting back to work, isn’t it? Physically and emotionally. I have a simple tip to get you ready for work – foot bath with salt water. If you are new to the holistic living concept, then you can start with this simple method.
What You Will Learn
- The holistic benefits of foot bath with salt water.
- The procedure of a foot bath with salt water.
- Final tips for foot bath.
The Holistic Benefits of Foot Bath with Salt Water
You must have heard of holistic living for a while, now it’s the time to implement it. By living holistically, you bring harmony and balance to the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual dimensions of all living things, beyond the self.
It’s said there are hundreds of holistic benefits of foot bath with salt water according to Chinese medicine. Based on my own experience, here are the major ones.
Soaking your feet in warm water itself calms you down. Especially in winter, it also warms up your entire body.
Like Asian ear cleaning, warm salt water stimulates your blood circulation, relaxes your toes all the way up to your mind, helps you get a good sleep. I also feel that a foot bath helps me focus onto my breathing and myself.
Because of the improved blood circulation to every part of your body, it can help you avoid constipation, especially after new year feasts.
It also removes dead skin if you rub your feet on each other for a few minutes.
Salt Water Detox Foot Bath Procedure
- Prepare for a bucket that’s a few centimeters higher than your calves.
- Fill up the bucket with warm water covering your calves. Water temperature should be slightly higher than body temperature.
- Add 2 – 3 table spoons of salt into the bucket.
- Soak your feet in the warm salt water for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Read a book, meditate or just close your eyes and relax.
- Take out your feet and dry them up with a soft towel.
- Apply moisturizer and put on socks to keep them warm until you go to bed.
Final Tips of Detox Foot Bath
- Drink a lot of water after your foot bath.
- Don’t do it with empty or full stomach.
- Do it at least 1 hour after dinner and 1 hour before you go to bed.
- Don’t over soak your feet when the water gets cold.
- Don’t do it if you have athlete’s foot or injury.
Holistic Living Techniques
You can also add herbs to the water or massage your feet after the bath. You will get different holistic benefits, such as cure of body aches, cold, weight loss and more. I will tell you more about this in my future articles, so don’t forget to subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter to get more holistic living tips and home remedies.
Let me know how you like your salt water foot bath or any questions by leaving a comment.